The Center for Global Development, an independent, non-partisan research organization with offices in Washington, DC and London, seeks a full-time Program Manager to work on global education. The purpose of the role is to fulfill a broad range of program support to the global education team. The successful candidate will have strong program management skills, ideally gained from managing complex education or global development programs.
The Program Manager will manage relationships with funders and partners, including sub-contractors. Duties will be carried out under the guidance of the Program Director.
Salary: up to £60,000
Closing Date: 21 October 2018
- Manage relationships with funders, ensuring that reports are delivered on time and to a high quality
- Support the Programme Director to acquire new funders by preparing high quality fundraising materials
- Manage sub-contracted partners, including conducting due diligence on potential partners (collaborating with the CGD finance team), setting budgets and milestones and tracking progress
- Manage contracts with consultants for commissioned work
- Manage the visiting fellows programme – ensuring a strong pipeline of potential fellows and supervising logistics and work programs
- Oversee organization of large, external events
- Perform other duties as necessary.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Preference will be given to candidates with a masters or equivalent in economics, political science, international development or related field.
- At least five years’ experience managing large, complex programs, ideally gained in an international development organization
- Outstanding organizational and managerial skills with proven ability to manage competing priorities and a wide range of stakeholders
- Outstanding writing and presentations skills
- Experience working with global foundations is a plus
- Proven ability to be a flexible team player and to manage successfully multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a good sense of humor.
- Superb interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a developing country is a plus.
Applicants should submit a short cover letter, a CV, and a short writing sample. No phone calls please.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Finalist(s) for this position may be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.