The Center for Global Development (CGD), an independent, non-partisan, non-profit policy research organization in Washington, DC seeks a paid intern to provide helpdesk and desktop user support under the guidance of the IT Director. The Intern will support the IT team in a broad array of functions.
- Provide first line IT support for CGD staff computers, printers, and phones
- Assist with monitoring of existing end user computer peripherals, software and available technology
- Assist with inventory and asset management.
- Create network accounts
- Replace and image workstations as needed
- Setup audio and visual equipment for meetings and break down after
- Run audio/visual equipment for events in our 150-seat conference center
- Document work as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following qualifications and skills:
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and Office 2016 Office 365
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Knowledge of Mac OS
- Knowledge of Android and IOS devices
- Understanding of computer hardware (building or upgrading computers)
- Intermediate internet concepts (DNS, IP addressing, Email)
- Excellent people skills and a service-focused orientation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter
The following skills are preferred, but not required:
- Theater sound or lighting experience
- Experience with Web based video Streaming (YouTube, Livestream, Twitch)
- Video production
- Working towards a college degree, preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems. Prior hands-on work experience or industry certifications will be considered as a substitute for education
Applicants should send a short cover letter and resume. The internship is for a maximum of 30 hours per week, for a period not to exceed six months. Pay is commensurate with experience, approximately $18/hour.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Finalist may be subject to a background screening as a condition of any job offer. To be considered, applicants must have the right to live and work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor work authorization for this position.