The Center for Global Development, an independent, non-partisan research organization with offices in Washington, DC and London, seeks a full-time Senior Research Associate to work on global education. The purpose of the role is to fulfill a broad range of research support to the global education team. The successful candidate will have strong research, writing and analysis skills, and outstanding Stata and other statistical skills.
The Senior Research Associate will conduct complex research, writing, and editing for policy papers, studies and reports. Research is carried out under the guidance of the co-directors of the global education program.
Salary: up to £60,000
Closing Date: 21 October 2018
- Conduct background research for and co-author working papers, under the direction of the co-directors.
- Write blogs, policy briefs on global education.
- Manage research partners, reviewing and providing quality assurance on their work.
- Manage external correspondence with collaborating researchers, under the guidance of the co-directors.
- Conduct desk-based primary research under the guidance of the co-directors
- Organize meetings of CGD’s global education workings groups, including setting agendas and preparing papers
- Develop relevant partnerships to amplify CGD’s global education work.
- Provide support to the global education fellows hosted at CGD
- Perform other duties as necessary.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Preference will be given to candidates with a masters or equivalent in economics, political science, or related field.
- At least five years’ experience in a university, research institution, think tank or equivalent
- Outstanding data analytics skills, including Stata and/or R and other statistical software packages. Experience with household or school survey data.
- Experience with experimental research design
- Proven ability to be a flexible team player and to manage successfully multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a good sense of humor.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superb interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a developing country is a plus.
Applicants should submit a short cover letter, a CV, and a short writing sample. No phone calls please.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Finalist(s) for this position may be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.