The Center for Global Development, an independent, non-partisan research organization in Washington, DC seeks a Research Assistant specializing in data visualization and econometrics. The successful candidate will have experience with research in economics, public policy, political science or a related field. The RA must demonstrate strong quantitative, analytical and communications skills.
The research assistant will perform a range of project research, policy analysis and other duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Conduct data analysis using Stata, R, ArcGIS, Excel, and other software tools, and prepare tables and graphs to convey those results.
- Analyze and translate data into insightful visualizations for CGD publications.
- Communicate data insights with clear write-ups, summaries and blog posts.
- Conduct literature and data searches for ongoing research projects. Potential areas of focus include poverty, impact evaluations, gender, corruption, procurement, education and health.
- Collaborate with senior staff and members of the CGD communications team to draft blog posts, policy briefs, notes, and reports.
- Provide other research, writing and editing support for various reports and documents.
- Organize and attend meetings/conferences related to research priorities.
- Perform other duties as necessary in support of senior staff.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Essential software skills: Stata and/or R for data analysis and visualization. Familiarity with Python, ArcGIS, MATLAB, and/or D3.js, is a plus but not required. Please specify relevant software skills in your application.
- Some training in econometrics and/or statistics is required. Again, please specify relevant experience.
- One to two years of experience in international development or related areas of research or policy analysis is preferred but not required.
This is a full-time position beginning in fall 2018. CGD offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an outstanding benefits package.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.