The Center for Global Development (CGD), an independent, non-partisan, non-profit policy research organization in Washington, DC seeks a full time Operations Assistant to provide administrative, facilities and general office support under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Operations. The employee will support the entire office in a broad array of functions.
- Maintain order of the entire office space: organization, aesthetics, cleanliness and efficiency
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies, food items, beverages and kitchen supplies
- Assist with booking, setup, and cleanup of events/meetings for the office’s 6 meeting spaces
- Serves as the front desk receptionist, greeting visitors and directing traffic
- Answer phones, direct calls to appropriate individuals and prepare messages when needed
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail services; coordinate outgoing services
- Order catering for staff functions and meetings
- Maintain the function and cleanliness of two staff kitchens
- Plan staff activities, annual holiday party, and other staff events.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Operations with facilities and building maintenance related issues
- Assist the Assistant Director of Operations in maintaining institutional subscriptions
- Plan staff retreats, parties and annual activities
- Administer the access control system and cards for employees
- Assist the operations team with the onboarding process – giving an office administration orientation, tour, and setting up building access for new hires.
- Assist with the corporate credit card account monthly reconciliation report
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The Successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the position
- Willingness to pitch in anywhere, including getting your hands dirty
- Good writing and communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook; strong overall computer literacy
- Motivated self-starter who can take initiative and maintain a sense of responsibility for the office and its appearance/day-to-day function
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years’ experience in administrative support required
The salary for this position is $50,000.
CGD offers a work environment that is collegial, rewarding, and rich with opportunities for intellectual and professional growth. The compensation package includes base salary, generous paid time off (six weeks per year), a robust benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, Rx, life, disability, EAP, transportation subsidy, all federal holidays plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s paid, plus a market-leading 15% employer contribution to retirement after one year of service, up to legal limits.
This position currently has an in-person requirement of 3 days/week, with the occasion requirement for up to 5 days depending on business needs. CGD is registered to employ staff living in DC, Maryland, or Virginia. Candidates who cannot relocate to the area, even while the office remains closed, cannot be considered at this time.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document upon hire. CGD is unable to sponsor work authorization for this position.
CGD celebrates fostering a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, parental status, or veteran status.