Research Assistant/Programme Coordinator (UK)
Closing date: Rolling - Applications will be kept on file for 120 days.
Starting salary: 30,000 - 33,000 GBP
Please note: This is a general posting intended to build a pipeline of interested candidates for when a job opening arises. Candidates are not necessarily applying for a currently open position. When a position opens, selected candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted. Due to the volume of interest, we are unable to respond to specific inquiries from candidates about the status of their application. We strive to maintain a fair, equitable hiring process for all. Reaching out to our team will not advantage an applicant's candidacy.
CGD Europe, an independent, non-partisan research organization in London, UK accepts applications for Research Assistant and Program Coordinator roles on an ongoing basis. Research Assistants at CGD Europe support and participate in collaborative research projects and contribute to our work through a mixture of research, data analysis, writing, and administrative activities. Program Coordinators support our program teams through grants and financial management, operational activities, project management, and some occasional research support.
Research Assistants and Program Coordinators are typically recent undergraduates with an interest in gaining research, policy, programmatic operations, and project management experience before going on to graduate studies. Candidates with master’s degrees may apply with the understanding they will accept an entry-level role that includes administrative responsibilities. CGD provides Research Assistants and Program Coordinators an opportunity for a promotion to associate after two years in the role.
Applicants should have interest in economic development research and policy, be highly organized and motivated, and be flexible enough to adapt to changing workstream priorities. Candidates with interest or experience one of CGD’s core areas of research are encouraged to apply:
• Global Health
• Migration, Displacement and Humanitarian Policy
• Sustainable Development Finance
• Technology and Development
• Governments and Development
• Bachelor’s degree
• Right to live and work in the United Kingdom. We are unable to support visa requests for these roles.
• Strong analytical, organizational, writing and communications skills
• Some related work experience or experience supporting academic research (internship experience counts)
• Intrinsically motivated to learn and grow
• Willingness to pitch in wherever needed, including administrative tasks
Bonus Points for:
• Quantitative analysis skills and experience using data visualization tools/techniques; experience with Stata, R, Python
• Economics or related degree with an interest in pursuing a graduate degree or PhD
• Experience living/working/travelling in developing countries
It is anticipated that staff will return to the office and it is the expectation that the successful candidate will be within commutable distance to the offices based in SW1. The successful candidate will need to be in the office a minimum of two days a week.
It is a requirement for this role that the successful candidate has, or obtains, the right to live and work in the UK.
CGD/E is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and celebrates fostering a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work environment. All persons will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, parental status, veteran status, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation.