The Center for Global Development, an independent, non-partisan research organization with offices in Washington, DC and London, seeks a full-time Research Assistant to work on global education. The successful candidate will have strong writing, analytical, quantitative, and administrative skills plus interest/research experience on policies and practices relating to global education. The candidate must demonstrate outstanding analytic skills, organizational skills and Excel/Stata skills. These roles are especially suited for candidates intending to pursue a PhD in quantitative social sciences.
Salary: up to $50,500 / £40,000
- Assist with research/conduct literature searches and basic data analysis for ongoing CGD global education initiatives and projects.
- Conduct basic data analysis using Excel, STATA, or R; clean data sets, prepare tables, and make graphs to present results.
- Organize and attend meetings/conferences/other events related to research priorities.
- Provide other research, writing, and editing support for various reports and documents.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to include managing logistics for program-related activities; assisting with event and meeting organization and other administrative tasks as required
- Perform other duties as necessary in support of senior research staff.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in in research
- Attention to detail.
- Professionalism and comfort interfacing with senior stakeholders.
- Outstanding writing and other communication skills in English.
- Familiarity and interest in global education policy.
- Solid research and basic data analysis skills using Excel, Stata other statistical programs an asset but not required
- Confidence and comfort working independently, in small groups, or interacting with senior staff.
- A positive attitude and great sense of humor.
Applicants should submit a short cover letter, a CV, and a short writing sample. No phone calls please.
CGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job. Finalist(s) for this position may be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.